ST GEORGE'S ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
At St Georges Hotel we are committed to green hotel policies and the implementation of proactive measures to help protect and sustain the environment for future generations.
We recognise the impact of our operations on the environment and aim to be an increasingly efficient green and environmental hotel. We strive to minimise any detrimental effects as a result of our business.
By working together we can contribute to making a cleaner and safer environment and ensure environmental issues remain a focal point and receive proper attention.
In our continuing effort to develop our environmental policies we have achieved the Green Dragon Environmental Standard.
In delivering our commitment we will :-
- Comply with relevant environmental legislation and take a proactive approach to future requirements and obligations.
- Seek to conserve natural resources through the responsible use of energy, water and materials but also maintaining the quality of service expected by our guests.
- Monitor performance and aim for continued improvement by reducing re-using, and recycling in areas such as energy consumption, reduction of waste materials and water consumption.
- Work with suppliers who have compatible policies for managing their impact on the environment.
- Through our active environmental team we will ensure that our efforts are continually reviewed, updated and communicated to all staff.
Examples of everyday actions
Recycling of ....
- Paper, cardboard, glass , plastic , cooking oil, toner cartridges fluorescent tubes.
- Waste compacted to reduce number of collections.
Saving energy by ....
- Monitoring gas and electricity consumption on weekly basis.
- Use of low energy light bulbs.
- Use of motion detectors.
- Re-use towels on guest request.
- Building management systems that control temperature throughout the building.
- Installation of State of the Art hotel heating system
Reduction of ....
- Water consumption by ongoing installation of new flush system in toilets.
- Waste packaging by the purchase of bulk food items and cleaning materials.