North Wales' Premier 4-Star Hotel
The St George’s Hotel was opened in the spring of 1854.
The property was built by Isaiah Davies, who was just 24 years old. He was born in a farm on the Great Orme and inherited a pub called the King’s Head (which is still in operation at the foot of the Great Orme near the tram station) when he married the owner’s daughter, Anne Owen, when he was only 19 years old. Isaiah acquired the plot in a rather unusual way, by exchanging the drinking debts at the King’s Head, which were owned by John Williams, who was an agent for Lord Mostyn’s family, who owned all the lands at Llandudno Promenade.